Monday, May 01, 2006

In this 1994 pencil, pen and ink drawing I was into this music called Ambient. I was introduced to it by a friend of mine who had just came from Germany and brought with him all this stuff; House, Techno, and Ambient. He wore the baggy jeans, Dr. Marten urban boots and silky button-up shirts that glowed in dark when club lights shined on him as he twitched and violently jerked his body to European beats. As a matter of fact, I wasn’t sure what to think of when every time I showed up at his door step to see what he's been up to, he would open his door, yell out my name and start dancing right before my eyes. In any case, to live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong. So I thanked him for introducing me to Ambient. Some of my favorites in no particular order: The Future Sounds of London, The Orb, Bill Laswell, Pete Namlook, Robert Rich, Steve Roach and The Woob. There are far too many to list but well worth checking out if you have the time. Another excellent site for Ambient is somafm.com where you can jam to Groove Salad or chill to Dronezone. Enjoy.

No comments: