Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Of the many things I’ve spent drawing over the years, one has been of cars. What can I say, I’ve illustrated just about everything but the kitchen sink. Cars were no exception. This 1994 drawing is of a 1968 Volkswagen Beetle. Pen and Ink was the weapon of choice. Ever played that game when you were on a long road trip and every time you saw a VW Beetle, you would yell out “Punch Bug” and either punched or pinched your brother or sister? Well, my parents owned one. Not this model but the super-dooper 1973 Beetle. If you ever go to a retro or modern car show and there are VW Beetles present, you’ll notice you won’t see any of the Super Beetles. For some reason they aren’t as classy to restore as their smaller bumpers, fenders and shockless older brothers and sisters. I hope you all like cars. If not, as my Dad always said, “no biggie.” I’ll post more of my car drawings some time. Thanks for visiting and viewing my little moment in time.

No comments: