Thursday, April 27, 2006

Gas prices across the nation are just ridiculous huh? That is what I was thinking when I was filling up my car at the gas station when someone yelled out my name. I looked over and I couldn’t believe my eyes. It was one of my best friends from high school who I haven’t seen probably in 16 years. What makes this so special is that he was in a hip hop group that I used to do art for. He and his group were responsible for a lot of my motivation to excel in the 80’s which successfully helped shaped my art. The hip hop culture, the graffiti, the art life, the art times. A whole lot of superstars, on this stage her tonight but I want yawl to know one thing… this is… My House. In the late 1980’s I was at my peak doing flyers, posters, stickers, t-shirts, logos, and album covers (That’s records made of wax for you bed wetters.) for the group. Therefore, it couldn’t be more fitting than to present to you, my 1989 drawing of a flyer for my friends Hip Hop group… The Legion of Doom. Shouts! Rob, Will, Mikeski, LSD, no more than four to the LOD! 151! (Pen, Ink, and Drafting Media)

No comments: